View our Full-Service Facilities
Andrew S. Albert, Esq.
|Andrew S. Albert has served the legal community for over 28 years. At the end of 2006, he retired from litigation practice and devoted his practice to mediation. In his legal career, he has gained a wide array of experience as both plaintiff’s and defense counsel. Mr. Albert has also remained very active within the San Diego legal community, serving as an officer of the San Diego County Bar Association since 2003 and as its President in 2006. Throughout the years, Mr. Albert has settled hundreds of complex cases. A few notable matters include the San Diego Fire insurance coverage matters and Food Borne Illness matters. He also has an affinity for resolving emotionally charged cases such as employment and catastrophic injuries. The feedback has been extremely positive. “Mr. Albert was able to quickly grasp the issues at hand,” wrote one client. “He was personable and diligent, and helped us to get a very fair settlement.” Another client noted how he has a “keen grasp of case law, and communicates well with both sides of the dispute. Most importantly, he is a straight shooter and a closer.” Another client wrote, “Persistent, perceptive, a pleasure!”
LEGAL CAREER & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Member, San Diego Superior Court Mediation Panel (2006-09)
- Partner, Boudreau, Albert & Wohlfeil, San Diego, CA (1997-06)
- Special Counsel, Higgs Fletcher & Mack, San Diego, CA (1995-97)
- Judge Pro Tempore, San Diego Superior Court Settlement Panel (1989-Present)
- Partner, Berlin & Albert, San Diego, CA (1988-95)
- Partner, Matz Brody & Albert, Los Angeles, CA (1980-87)
- Associate, Hillsinger & Costanzo, Los Angeles, CA (1978-80)
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- J. D., Southwestern University (1978)
- B. S., George Washington University (1972)
- Committee Member, San Diego Superior Court, ADR Committee (2009-Present)
- President , San Diego County Bar Assn. (2005-06), Director (2003-Present), Member (1988-Present)
- Director, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego (2000, 1992-95), Member (1989-Present)
- Member, American Inns of Court, Enright Chapter (1998-00)
- Director, San Diego Inn of Court (1990-97), President (1996)
- Member, Bar Assn. of North San Diego County (1988-Present), Chairman of PI Sub Section (1989)
- Member, Steering Committee JCCP State Coordinated Breast Implant Litigation
ADR EXPERIENCE & SPECIALTIES
- Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith
- All Types of Employment Disputes
- Personal Injury with emphasis on Catastrophic and Wrongful Death
- Mass Tort & Class Action
- Products Liability
- Professional Malpractice
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Mr. Albert was selected by the Daily Journal as an “Up and Comer” in the Top Neutral issue in 2009.
- He is AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell.
- Additionally, he was named the California Bench Bar Coalition’s Bar Leader of the Year (2007) and was awarded the President’s Star Award Distinguished Service (2003), the President’s Award (2001) and an Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award (2000) by the Consumer Attorneys of San Diego.
- Mr. Albert has been a Lecturer for the San Diego Inn of Court, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, CEB, Lawyers Club of San Diego and the American Bar Association.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
Mr. Albert is an avid boater, enjoys travel, a great vintage of red wine, and cheering on the San Diego Padres.