View our Full-Service Facilities
Byron M. Rabin, Esq.
|Mr. Rabin started his legal career in 1972 as a civil trial lawyer. He became seriously involved in dispute resolution as a Judge Pro tem for the Orange County Superior Court in 1977. In 1999 he became a full time mediator/arbitrator joining the panel of Judicate West. He has resolved a wide range of personal injury, medical malpractice, real estate, contractual and employment related matters. He is one of the most experienced neutrals in the area of third party litigation having often lectured in the field. In 2011, Mr. Rabin was inducted as the 3rd member of the Orange County Trial Lawyer Hall of Fame and happily the only one not to have received it posthumously. As an arbitrator Mr. Rabin is noted for his ability to render decisions clearly, concisely and in a timely manner. As a mediator he is open minded, practical, patient, and a great listener. He is quick to understand what is required to suit the needs of the parties. He utilizes creative solutions to resolve disputes and is known to pursue settlement long after a session ends. Clients admire his low key and positive manner as he pursues settlement and often note that he is very effective in communicating each party’s perspective to the other and is resourceful in breaking impasse. “Mr. Rabin is a quick study in complex cases and is excellent in handling multiparty cases” said one attorney. He has successfully resolved 1000’s of matters.
LEGAL CAREER & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Full-time Neutral (1999-Present)
- Judge Pro-Tem, Orange County Superior Court Settlement Panel (1978-08)
- Arbitrator, Orange County Superior Court Arbitration Panel (1978-08)
- Adjunct Professor, Western States University, College of Law teaching "Mediation" (2001)
- Partner, Rose Klein & Marias, General Civil Law Practice (1978-98); Associate (1973-78)
- Associate, Law Offices of Joseph Feinberg, Corona Del Mar, CA, General Civil (1972-73)
- In addition to Mr. Rabin’s legal career he has also been involved in his family’s retail clothing business which had several locations throughout San Francisco and San Jose as well as being a share holder in a travel agency in Burlingame. His involvement in these businesses entailed lease negotiation, human resources and management. He has also been involved in real estate management, construction and remodeling in California, Arizona and Hawaii.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- J.D., Hastings College of the Law (1972)
- California Community College, Secondary Credential (1972)
- B.S., San Jose State College with Honors in Business/Industrial Mgmt., Psychology Minor (1968)
- Pepperdine Univ., School of Law - Strauss Inst. for Dispute Resolution, Adv. Mediation Training (2000)
- Distinguished Fellow, International Academy of Mediators
- Master Bencher, American Inns of Court, Robert Banyard Inn
- Member, Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Orange County Hispanic, Celtic and Italian Bar Associations
- Former Member, Consumer Attorneys Association of California
- Formerly on Board of Directors, Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- American Inns of Court Robert Banyard Inn Master Bencher (former board member)
ADR EXPERIENCE & SPECIALTIES
- Serious Injury Cases
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Elder Abuse
- Workers Compensation
- Third Party Personal Injury Matters
- Real Estate
- Contractual Matters
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Mr. Rabin is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell. He has been awarded several honors including induction into the Orange County Trial Lawyer hall of Fame 2010, Robert Banyard Inn of Court Angelo Palmieri Award for maintaining the legal professions highest tradition of professionalism and civility, Orange County Trial Lawyer Personal Injury Trial Lawyer of the Year (1998), Orange County Trial Lawyer Consumer Achievement Award (1978). Mr. Rabin has been a speaker for CEB, OCTLA, SFTLA and various colleges and law schools on various topics including ethics, negotiations, third party litigation and liens.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
In his leisure time Mr. Rabin enjoys charitable projects, traveling, kayaking, swimming, meditation, good food and wine and rating restaurants on Zagat.