View our Full-Service Facilities
Harrison W. Sommer, Esq.
|In his 32 year legal career, Harrison Sommer, Esq. has successfully litigated hundreds of cases as both a plaintiff and defense attorney. Since 2007, he has dedicated his career to serving as a neutral in personal injury cases, medical malpractice, elder abuse, products liability, and insurance coverage matters. With his in depth knowledge and experience, combined with his courteous demeanor, preparedness and warm personality, he has impressed lawyers on both sides with his mediation skills and results. A named partner at a major defense firm said, “I have had considerable experience with Mr. Sommer over the years and have always found him to be extremely well prepared, honest and professional. I believe he ranks among the finest, fairest and most trustworthy attorneys in our business.” One prominent plaintiff attorney said, “Mr. Sommer recently mediated a complicated brain injury case and he quickly understood the complex medical issues and skillfully ran the negotiations which ultimately led to him settling a case that had difficulties for both sides. I would highly recommend him.”
LEGAL CAREER & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Partner, Berglund Johnson & Sommer, Plaintiff practice, focused on personal injury, medical malpractice, elder abuse, premises liability, catastrophic injury and wrongful death (1984-07)
- Partner, Sommer & Steele, Defense Practice focused on professional negligence, product liability, medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents and coverage disputes (1980-84)
- Associate, Hillsinger & Costanzo, Defense practice handled medical malpractice, product liability, governmental entity liability, auto accidents and insurance coverage matters (1975-84)
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- J.D., Loyola University School of Law (1974)
- B.S., University of Southern California, graduated Cum Laude (1971)
- Pepperdine University, School of Law-Straus Institute of Dispute Resolution, Mediation Training (2007)
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Southern California Mediation Association
- Member, California Dispute Resolution Council
ADR EXPERIENCE & SPECIALTIES
- All types of Personal Injury matters including auto accidents
- Insurance Coverage
- Medical Malpractice
- Elder Abuse
- Products Liability
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Mr. Sommer was recognized as a Top Neutral in California by the Los Angeles Daily Journal in 2011.
- He was the recipient of the Trial Advocates Award for Excellence in Preparation for Trial Practice of Law by the American Board of Trial Advocates.
- Additionally, he has had numerous successful verdicts representing plaintiffs and defendants, including road design cases which led to the installation of effective freeway median barriers statewide.
- He has tried cases in all jurisdictions and almost every courthouse in Southern California.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
Mr. Sommer likes to spend time with his wife and six children, and attending their multiple sports activities. He also enjoys weight training and golf in his spare time.