View our Full-Service Facilities
Deborah Rothman, Esq.
|Having started her dispute resolution career in 1991, Ms. Rothman is one of the woman pioneers in the Alternative Dispute Resolution industry. Throughout the last 20 years, Ms. Rothman has, received extensive training in Mediation and Arbitration through the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Dispute Resolution Services Program. She is a lecturer and author for various Bar Associations and the Daily Journal on a variety of issues in dispute resolution. Her fluency in Spanish is an important asset to many of our clients. As an Arbitrator, Ms. Rothman is known for her superb understanding of the law and of business operations. She is a “quick study” who thoroughly reviews submitted materials and gets right to the heart of important issues. As a Mediator, Ms. Rothman is acknowledged as confident and extremely professional, with outstanding interpersonal skills and a deep understanding of legal ramifications. She is known for her energetic pursuit of a resolution and has a high success rate in hundreds of mediations. “Deborah Rothman is impressive, intelligent and personable...with exceptional skills in handling emotionally-charged cases,” commented one client. Another noted, “Ms. Rothman’s outstanding mediation skills and business background were the main reasons we settled a very difficult case.”
LEGAL CAREER & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Professional Mediator, Arbitrator and Arbitration Consultant (1991-Present)
- CEO, Baby Fair Enterprises, which produced consumer shows for the pregnancy-through preschool-market (1984-88)
- Litigation Attorney, Manatt, Phelps, Rothenberg & Tunney (1976-80)
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- J.D., New York University (1976)
- M.P.A., Public Affairs, Woodrow Wilson School, Princeton University (1976)
- B.A., Yale College (Magna Cum Laude) (1971)
- Distinguished Fellow, International Academy of Mediators
- Fellow, Board Member, College of Commercial Arbitrators Former Chair, Beverly Hills Bar Association, ADR Section (2004-05) and Employment Law Section (2005-06)
- Member, Southern California Mediation Association (SCMA)
- Member, CDRC
- Board Member, Dispute Resolution Services, Inc.
- Member, Panel of Arbitrators and Mediators, Large Complex Case panel, International and Employment panels, American Arbitration Association.
ADR EXPERIENCE & SPECIALTIES
- Healthcare Law
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate
- Class Actions
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Ms. Rothman has been selected as one of Southern California's Super Lawyers as well as Best Lawyers in America (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010, 2011, 2012).
- She was named Best Los Angeles Arbitrator 2012 ~ The Best Lawyers in America
- Additionally, she was listed in Who's Who Legal: California (Arbitrators) in 2009 as well as being One of the Top 32 Hollywood Reporter Esq. Power Mediators for 2007.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
In her spare time, Ms. Rothman enjoys Reading, Travel, Tropical Beaches and Theater.
- All of Southern California