Hon. Carl West Anderson, Ret.
|Justice Anderson has over 20 years of ADR experience. Prior to that
he served over 22 years on Alameda County Superior Court and the Court of Appeal (ten years as its Administrative Presiding Justice), including several assignments at the Supreme Court. Justice Anderson's experience with civil juries and appeals included all aspects of civil litigation. As a mediator and arbitrator his experience includes Real Estate, Fee Disputes, and Toxic Torts.
LEGAL CAREER & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Arbitrator, Mediator & Private Judge (1989-Present)
- Administrative Presiding Justice, California Court of Appeal - First Appellate District (1987-1997)
- Presiding Justice, California Court of Appeal - Fourth Division (1984-1997)
- Associate Justice, 3rd Division (1984)
- Sr. Trial Deputy District Attorney / Legislative Advocate to the California Legislature, Office of the District Attorney of Alameda County (1964-1975)
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Master of Laws, Judicial Process (1992)
- LLB University of California, Berkley (1962)
- A.B. Political Science University of California (1957)
- Member, California Court of Appeals First District Mediation Panel
- Member, The Mediation Society- San Francisco
- Member, Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution
- Member, American Bar Association (ADR Section)
- Participant, Appellate Judges Conference
- Past President, Co-Chair, Council of Chief Judges of U.S. Courts of Appeal
- Member, California Judges Association / Past Chair, Ethics Committee
ADR EXPERIENCE & SPECIALTIES
- Real Estate
- Fee Dispute
- Toxic Tort
- Insurance Coverage
- Premises Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Intellectual Property and all types of Personal Injury matters
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Justice Anderson has authored many articles in various legal publications.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
In his free time he enjoys playing tennis, bridge, golf and gardening.