View our Full-Service Facilities
Robert M. Tessier, Esq.
|Practicing law since 1986, and AV Rated, Robert Tessier has represented defendants involving general negligence, real estate, and product defect claims, in addition to representing plaintiffs in personal injury matters involving general liability, motor vehicles, consumer products, and Federal Employees Liability Act (FELA) litigation. He has also developed particular expertise in traumatic orthopedic, brain and neurologic injuries, with continuing education focused on medicine, injury causation and anatomy. Like many full time mediators, Mr. Tessier first developed his passion for mediation as a volunteer in the Los Angeles County ADR and CRASH programs in the early 1990’s, and since joining Judicate West in 2008 has resolved over one thousand disputes involving, personal injury, products liability and professional negligence, as well as business, real estate, and probate matters. One attorney commented “Bob is extremely knowledgeable about the litigation process and is dead on in his analysis of cases. He has a wonderful way with people and uses his skills to cut to the heart of the case while at the same time giving everyone their say. Another client commented, “Mr. Tessier was fantastic on a complicated premises liability claim, he never gave up during the negotiations and continued to encourage and work the parties until the case settled. I will absolutely use him again.” His varied life experience before becoming a lawyer, such as working in automobile repair, restaurants, fitness trainer, and as a musician gives him a practical and unique perspective to alternative dispute resolution.
- This neutral is available only for cases involving Mediation.
LEGAL CAREER & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Mediator, Judicate West (2008-Present)
- Faculty, Institute for Conflict Management, Mediating the Litigated Case (2005-2010)
- Robert M. Tessier, P.C, (1997-06)
- Partner, Rowell & Tessier, A Law Corporation (1992-97)
- Associate, Paul & Stuart (1991-92)
- Associate, R. Edward Pfiester, A Law Corporation (1990-91)
- Associate, Greene, O’Reilly, Broillet, Paul, Simon & Wheeler (1988-90)
- Associate, Murchison & Cumming (1986-88)
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- 2011 Daily Journal Top 50 Neutrals State of California
- Distinguished Fellow, International Academy of Mediators
- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law, cum laude (1986);
- B.A., Loyola Marymount University (1983)
- Real Estate Broker, Department of Real Estate (2005)
- Mediation Training, Pepperdine University, School of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Specialized Mediation; Law, Faith and Peacemaking
- President, LA Mediators (2007-Present)
ADR EXPERIENCE & SPECIALTIES
- Serious Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Product Liability
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Lemon Law
- Employment Law
- Real Estate
- Trust and Probate Disputes
- Construction Defect and Injury Claims
- Elder Law
- FDCPA & Class Actions
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Mr. Tessier has published numerous articles in the field of mediation for the various bar associations, publications and Pepperdine Law Review, including: “The Case for Alternative Dispute Resolution in International Business Disputes,” “How to Achieve Optimum Results at Mediation,” “Mediating an Auto Case: Steps to Success & Mistakes to Avoid in Mediating an Auto Case,” “Making Effective Use of Alternative Dispute Resolution for Small Businesses,” and “The Settlement Game in the Ballpark that Tech-Bilt.” Additionally, Mr. Tessier has presented at numerous speaking engagements including: “Let’s Make a Deal—Strategies for Resolving Personal Injury Claims,” SCMA (2012), “The Do’s and Don’ts of Mediation” LACBA (2009), “Ethics in the Small Office” (2008), “Workers Compensation and Governmental Liens” (2008), “Governmental Liens, Statutory Liens & ERISA” (2007), “Mediating the Litigated Case” (2006), “The Prisoner’s Dilemma” (2006), “Seduction in the Art of Mediation” (2006) and co-instructed numerous advanced mediation training courses.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
His personal life involves his love of music-as he continues to moonlight in various bands-and classic automobile restoration.