View our Full-Service Facilities
Jonathan A. Brenner, Esq.
|Jonathan Brenner, Esq. has over 20 years of experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide-range of practice areas including, but not limited to: personal injury, employment and business/commercial matters. In 1992, Mr. Brenner started his dispute resolution practice as a member of the San Diego Superior Court’s arbitration panel while also conducting settlement conferences. Shortly thereafter, he discovered a true talent and passion for mediation. Soon after, Mr. Brenner became one of San Diego County’s most requested neutrals. Clients often comment on his no-nonsense approach and ability to get cases settled expeditiously. One client stated, “Jonathan doesn’t waste any time; he’s professional, personable and savvy, a true class act.” Another client commented, “Jonathan’s background as a litigator on both the plaintiff and defendant side is invaluable in getting parties in a mediation to listen and be flexible. Every case that I have mediated with him so far has settled.”
- This neutral is available only for cases involving Mediation.
LEGAL CAREER & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Full-time Neutral (2006-Present)
- Managing Partner, Simpson & Brenner, personal injury, insurance, employment, elder abuse, and business litigation, in addition to actively serving as mediator (2002-06)
- Senior Trial Attorney, Law Offices of Bryce O. Willett, insurance defense (1991-02)
- Senior Litigation Associate, Borton, Petrini & Conron
- Associate, Lorber,Grady, Farley & Volk, construction defect, insurance defense, personal injury, business and family law cases (1989-90)
- Associate, Grace, Neumeyer & Otto, complex product liability and insurance defense cases (1987-89)
- Private Practitioner, Law Offices of Jonathan A. Brenner, specializing in business law, family law, personal injury and criminal matters (1986-87)
- San Diego County District Attorney’s Office, Family Support Division (1985-86)
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- J.D., American University, Washington College of Law (1984)
- B.A., Dickinson College, Cum Laude (1981)
- Instructor, California State Bar CEB, Preparing for, Taking and Using Depostions (2005, 2008)
- Instructor, National Business Institute, teaching Trial Practice, Trial Preparation, Advanced Trial Advocacy, and Deposition Strategy
- Instructor, Lorman Education Services, teaching Litigating Wrongful Death Cases, Successful Mediation Techniques for Litigation Attorneys
- Member, California Trial Lawyers Associations and CASD (2007-Present)
- Member, American, California and San Diego Bar Associations (1986-Present)
- American Inn of Court, Louis M. Welch Chapter (2004)
- San Diego Inn of Court Instructor, Board of Directors (2000)
ADR EXPERIENCE & SPECIALTIES
- Business Commercial
- Wrongful Death
- All types of Personal Injury matters
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Mr. Brenner was listed as one of the “Top Attorneys” in the San Diego Daily Transcript in 2005.
- Additionally, Mr. Brenner has been a guest lecturer at California Western School of Law, University of San Diego, Thomas Jefferson School of Law and for the Forensic Expert Witness Association.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
In his spare time, Mr. Brenner enjoys martial arts, weight lifting and spending time with his family.