View our Full-Service Facilities
Kim Deck, Esq.
|Since 1998, Ms. Deck has been a full-time mediator specializing in resolving almost every type of employment dispute as well as breach of contract, entertainment and emotionally charged matters. She has successfully settled the vast majority of the more than 4,000 cases she has mediated. She also serves as a neutral fact-finder, conflict resolution coach and trainer for a variety of organizations. Kim receives high praise from both plaintiff and defense counsel for being open-minded, objective, responsive, and tenacious in facilitating settlements. Litigants often comment on her personal concern for their clients’ interests and feelings, her persistence in following up with the parties and her creative solutions in dealing with the issues. One client commented, “Kim is a no-nonsense mediator who has settled every case my firm has brought to her. She is masterful, consistently demonstrating the right combination of legal knowledge, aggression, empathy and honest communication to achieve amazing results.” Another client commented, “I am always impressed with Kim’s ability to fashion a creative solution.”
- This neutral is available only for cases involving Mediation.
LEGAL CAREER & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Full-Time Mediator, 1998-Present
- Associate General Counsel and Manager, Employment Dispute Resolution Group, JAMS, 1991-1998
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- J.D. Whittier College School of Law, 1991
- B.A. St. Mary’s College, Business Administration & International Relations, 1984
- Member, Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution, 1991-Present
- Member, California State Bar Association
- Member, California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA)
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Employment Group
- Member, Southern California Mediation Society, 1995-Present
- Board Member, Disability Rights Legal Center
- Board Member, Association of Media and Entertainment Counsel
- Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law
ADR EXPERIENCE & SPECIALTIES
- All Employment Related Disputes
- Class Action
- Breach of Contract
- Partnership Dissolution
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Ms. Deck has been named by the Daily Journal as a Top Neutral in the State of California (2007). She also participated in the Harvard Negotiation Project-master series for negotiations and managing difficult conversations. Kim was recently named Co-Chair of the Dispute Resolution Section for the Association of Media & Entertainment Counsel (AMEC).
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
In her spare time, Kim enjoys spending time with her husband and their two children as well as skiing, hiking traveling, and is fluent in Italian.