View our Full-Service Facilities
Gary N. Donovan, Esq.
|During 25 years as a civil trial lawyer, Mr. Donovan has resolved over a thousand cases in the areas of construction, premises liability, product liability, vehicle accidents and professional malpractice regarding architects, engineers and real estate agents through arbitration, mediation and trial, representing both defendants and plaintiffs. Since the early 1990s, he has also served as a mediator, arbitrator and Temporary Judge in a wide range of civil cases for the Orange County Superior Court. When he joined the mediation and Temporary Judge panels for the Riverside County Superior Court, Gary amplified this substantial experience. To make a full-time ADR commitment, Mr. Donovan underwent intensive training from the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University. Mr. Donovan has also participated in continuing education for the Temporary Judge programs in Orange and Riverside Counties. As a mediator, he is a very effective communicator and is resourceful and persistent in striving to reach a resolution in each case. As an arbitrator, he has excellent case evaluation skills and is known as being fair and impartial. One defense attorney commented, "His practical approach had an uncanny way of revealing the true settlement value of the case to the parties." A plaintiff attorney stated, "He settled three cases for me with difficult clients that I thought would never settle."
- This neutral is available only for cases involving Mediation.
LEGAL CAREER & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Mediator & Arbitrator, Judicate West (2006-Present)
- Mediator & Arbitrator, TLC Resolutions (2002-Present)
- Mediator, Riverside County Bar Dispute Resolution Service (2001-Present)
- Temporary Judge, Riverside County Superior Court (2001-07)
- Temporary Judge, Orange County Superior Court (1991-07)
- Partner, Donovan & Draheim (1994-07)
- Partner, Donovan & Quilligan (1987-94)
- Associate, Wood, Ward & Garnett (1983-87)
- Associate, Thomas & Price (1981-83)
- Hill, Genson, Even, Crandall & Wade (1978-81)
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- J. D., Southwestern University School of Law (1981)
- B.A., Economics, Fordham University, Bronx, New York (1977)
- Pepperdine University, School of Law - Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, “Mediating the Litigated Case” (2001)
- Member, Southern California Mediation Association (2008-Present)
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles (2001-Present)
- California Real Estate Broker (1998)
- Licensed Private Pilot (1991)
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel (1988-Present)
- Member, Orange County and Riverside Bar Associations
ADR EXPERIENCE & SPECIALTIES
- Products Liability
- Premises Liability
- Vehicle Liability
- Real Property
- Construction Defect
- Homeowner’s Disputes
- Business Contractual
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Mr. Donovan has been an AV-rated attorney listed in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register since 1989.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
In his spare time, he enjoys flying, boating, motorcycling, snow and water skiing and is an avid Rock and Jazz Drummer.
- All of Southern California