Troy D. Roe, Esq.
|Since 1999, Troy Roe has been a full-time Neutral and specializes exclusively in Mediation. He has had over two decades of experience resolving all types of disputes, both in Private Law Practice and as Judge Pro Tempore in Orange County Superior court. Through his hard work and dedication at resolving big injury cases with challenging legal issues, Mr. Roe has become one of Southern California's most requested Mediators. For several years since 2002, he has been selected by the Daily Journal as one of California's Top Neutrals. Both plaintiff and defense concur; he is an attentive listener who understands the parties and their issues. He knows how to explore all the legal, business and personal ramifications, and he is especially proficient at guiding parties to reach resolution. Among our clients’ comments: “Mr. Roe is knowledgeable, patient, hardworking and accommodating with his time” and “you can really see how much he is dedicated to helping the parties,” another attorney commented “He is straightforward and cuts right to the issues and doesn’t waste anyone’s time.” “He was wonderful to work with and I would use him anytime.”
- This neutral is available only for cases involving Mediation.
LEGAL CAREER & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Full-time Neutral (1999-Present)
- Private General Civil Practice, most recently as Law Offices of Troy D. Roe, (1976-99)
- Chair and Faculty Member, College of Trial Advocacy (1981-98)
- Judge Pro Tempore, Arbitrator and Member of Approved Panel of Arbitrators & Mediators, Orange County Superior Court (1981-Present)
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law (1976)
- B.A., California State University, Long Beach (Cum Laude) (1973)
- Board Member, Orange County Bar Association (1990-96)
- Member, Orange County Bar Association; Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles
- President & Former Board Member, Orange County Trial Lawyers Association (1987)
- Member, Board of Governors, California Trial Lawyers Association (1986-89)
- Former Member, Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Mediation and Settlement Skills Training, Pepperdine University School of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution
ADR EXPERIENCE & SPECIALTIES
- All Types of Personal Injury Matters
- Products Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Business/Contract Disputes
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Mr. Roe was selected by the Daily Journal as one of California’s Top Neutral’s for almost every year since it's inception in 2002 and was awarded CTL-PAC Chairman’s Award for Excellent Service in 1984 and 1985.
- Additionally, he was honored CTLA Certificates of Recognition in General Personal Injury, Experienced Trial Lawyer and Products Liability.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
Mr. Roe retired from practicing law to pursue his love of golf and Mediation.