View our Full-Service Facilities
Michelle A. Reinglass, Esq.
|Michelle was admitted to the California Bar in June, 1979. She is now a full time Mediator and Arbitrator following a 30+ year litigation career, handling all aspects of employment law including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, termination, whistleblower, wage & hour, and business and personal injury cases. She has received the highest “AV” rating by Martindale-Hubbell Directory of Lawyers including being awarded “Premier” status. She is affiliated with Judicate West and the American Arbitration Association. Michelle has been active in the legal and local communities. She is a past President (1993) of the Orange County Bar Association and past Chairperson (2005-2007) of California Employment Lawyers Association (“CELA”). She has been a board member of ABTL, and served two terms as a lawyer representative for the Central District delegation to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference, serving as the 1994-1995 Chairperson. She is a member of ABOTA and a fellow in The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers. Michelle has also served on numerous community and non profit boards. She is a frequent author and speaker on employment, trial practice, and ADR issues.
LEGAL CAREER & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Full Time Mediator and Arbitrator (2010-Present)
- Trial Attorney, Michelle A. Reinglass & Associates, Specialized in all areas of Employment, Civil, and Business litigation (1979-2009); Part Time Mediator and Arbitrator (2001-2009)
- Instructor, Professional Responsibility, Western State College of Law (1991)
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- J.D., Western State University College of Law (1979)
- B.S.L , Western State University (1978)
- Board Member, California Employment Lawyers Association (1998-2009, Chair 2005-07)
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates, Orange County Chapter (1997-Present)
- Member, Orange County Bar Association (1979-Present); Member of Board (1983-94), President (1993)
- Member, Orange County Trial Lawyers (1987-Present)
- Member, Federal Bar Association, Orange County Chapter (member for over 20 years)
- Member, former board member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Orange County Chapter (member for over 20 years)
- Committee Member, Judicial Council’s Committee on Access and Fairness
- Committee Member, Federal Court Civil Justice Reform Act Advisory Committee
- Committee Member and Chair, Federal Court Magistrate Judge Evaluation Committee
- Past President, California Association of Large Local Bar (CALB) and Chair of Bench Bar Coalition
- Past Lawyer Representative (2 terms) and Chair (1994-1995), 9th Circuit Judicial Conference, C.D. Cal.
ADR EXPERIENCE & SPECIALTIES
- All types of disputes related to Employment Law, including but not limited to Sexual, Racial and other forms of Harassment, Discrimination and Retaliation, Wage and Hour, Wrongful Termination, ERISA, Prevailing Wage
- Class Actions
- Breach of Contract
- Housing Discrimination
- Civil Rights
- UNRUH Act
- Serious injury matters with high emotional content
- Real Estate and Business Commercial Disputes, including non-compete and unfair business practices.
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Michelle has received many honors and much recognition including admission to ABOTA, and in 2006 was inducted as a Fellow of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers.
- She was inducted into the Western State University College of Law, Hall of Fame in 1993.
- She received the Anti-Defamation League “ADL” Jurisprudence Award, 1997 and “Women of Achievement” Award from the American Association of University Women (“AAUW”), 2005
- She has been named Business Trial Lawyer of the Year, Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, October 1995, "Lawyer of the Year", Orange County Women Lawyers, 1996, and “Employment Trial Lawyer of the Year", Orange County Trial Lawyers, 2004.
- She was recognized by The Daily Journal as one of the "Top 100 Most Influential Lawyers in California" in 2001, one of the "Top Female Litigators" in 2002-2005 and 2009, as well as one of the “Top Labor and Employment Lawyers”, 2009-2010.
- Ms. Reinglass has for several consecutive years made it to the list of “The Best Lawyers in America” by Best Lawyers®, including “Orange County Best Lawyers Employment Law - Individuals Lawyer of the Year” for 2012.
- She has been named by Los Angeles Magazine as one of California’s “Super Lawyers”, 2004-2012, including top 100 lawyers in Southern California, top 50 Women Lawyers and top 50 from Orange County.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
Ms. Reinglass enjoys running, hiking, weightlifting, skiing, theater, reading,
traveling and watching movies in her spare time.