After 25 years on the San Diego Superior Court bench, Judge Linda Quinn joined Judicate West in 2012. She is available for mediations, arbitrations, and all other private judging assignments. While on the bench she handled hundreds of settlement conferences in her sixteen years in the civil department, as well as sitting in the Family Court for four years. She also conducted settlement conferences for the Fourth District Court of Appeals while on a special assignment to that court. While serving with the superior court, Judge Quinn enjoyed a reputation for being fair, bright, thoughtful, and courteous. Since joining Judicate West, she has mediated and arbitrated employment, family, medical malpractice, real property matters, personal injury, legal malpractice, and various types of business/commercial matters. Clients have noted "she worked very hard at settling our case. She is a great listener and cares."
- Medical/Legal Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Real Property, including CEQA
Traveling, Inn to Inn hiking, Volunteering - USO
- Neutral, Judicate West, (2012-present)
- Judge, San Diego Superior Court (1989-2012) (Supervisor Civil Division 2005-2007)
- Judge, San Diego Municipal Court (1987-1989)
- Partner, Platt, Tebbetts & Boelhauf (1983-1989) business/real property firm
- Associate, Platt, Tebbetts & Peterson (1978-1983)
- J.D., California Western School of Law
- B.A., University of California, San Diego
- San Diego High School Mock Trial Committee, Co-Chair (2012-present)
- Clifford B. Wallace Inn of Court, Master (2014-present)
- Judicial Advisory Committee, Association of Business Trial Lawyers (2014-present)
- San Diego Inns of Court, Board of Directors (2012-present)
- Louis Welch Inn of Court, Master (2007-2008)
- San Diego Superior Court, ADR committee, Co-Chair (2002-2011)
- California Judges Association (1987-present)
- San Diego County Judges Association, President (2002-2003)
- Mediating the litigated case, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University of Law (2012)
- Judge Quinn has presented programs for ABTL, Lawyers Club, SDCBA, Rutter Group, USD Vicam International, CEB, CASD, and San Diego Inns of Court.
- Recent articles include; Dust off the Toolbox to Move Your Case Along. Journal of Consumer Attorneys Associations for Southern California September 2013
- Sua Sponte, The New Parole Ankle Bracelet: Your Smartphone. ABA The Journal of the Section of Litigation Spring 2014
- Sua Sponte, Tort Transformation in the Cultural Quicksand of Language and Values. ABA The Journal of the Section of Litigation Spring 2013
Consumer Class Action
- Medical Malpractice failure to diagnose with numerous health care providers.
- Personal guarantee of loan claim v. claims of violation of warehouse loan agreement.
- Wrongful foreclosure of complex loan structure.
- Business fraud claims among partners and spouses.
- Mediated a dispute between a publicly traded company and the New York Stock Exchange. The company, which was in a deal to distribute medical marijuana in Brazil and other South American countries, couldn’t figure out how they could be on the New York Stock Exchange when their business violates federal law.
- Employment discrimination due to inability to perform in hostile work environment.
Wage and Hour
- Refusal to permit long time employee to return to work following long disability with wage and hour claims.
Wage and Hour Class Action
- Statewide wage and hour consumer class action.
Whistleblower Wrongful Term
- Whistleblower discrimination claims in highly regulated business.
Family Law Issues
- Marriage dissolution involving extended family members as partners in the spouses' closely held business.
IP Trade Secrets
- Trade secrets violations involving electronically stored data of international company.
- Wrongful death of high earning family member with unique dependent issues.
- Medical malpractice orthopedic surgery.
Professional Malpractice Legal
- Mediation of legal malpractice claim while underlying case pending.