View our Full-Service Facilities
Janet Rubin Fields, Esq.
|Since 1999, Janet Rubin Fields has resolved and decided thousands of litigated disputes. She was honored by the Daily Journal as one of the “Top Neutrals in the State of California” every year since 2007 and as one of the “Best Lawyers in America” in Alternative Dispute Resolution, and featured in LA Times West Magazine in 2008. Ms. Rubin Fields maintains a philosophy of working diligently with the parties and carries the view that each dispute is unique, recognizing that all parties involved in a case, including the litigants, lawyers and claims representatives all have perspectives often intertwined with emotion. Known for her genuine listening skills and positive attitude, she has earned a reputation for getting to the heart of the matter, which is one of the reasons she is sought out by lawyers and insurance companies state and nationwide. One attorney commented, “Janet recognizes that it’s about the people, not just the lawsuit, she gets the human element.” Another attorney said “She has a strong sense of people and personalities and this quality helped her settle a very difficult case.”
- This neutral is available only for cases involving Mediation.
LEGAL CAREER & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Full time Mediator and Arbitrator (1999-Present)
- Partner, Fields & Fields, specializing professional liability plaintiff and defense (1993-99)
- Trial Attorney, specializing plaintiff's personal injury, commercial litigation, securities (1988-93)
- Associate, Isaac & Sands, specialized in commercial litigation, bankruptcy and real estate (1985-88)
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- J.D., Empire College of Law, Santa Rosa (1984)
- B.A., Sonoma State University (1978)
- Pepperdine University, School of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, “Masters in Mediation”
- Fellow and Board of Governors, International Academy of Mediators
- Member, California Women Lawyers
- Member, California Women Neutrals
- Member, American Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Section
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, San Fernando Valley Bar Association
ADR EXPERIENCE & SPECIALTIES
- Serious and Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Professional Liability
- Insurance Litigation
- Construction Defect
- Commercial Litigation
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Ms. Fields has been selected by the Daily Journal as one of the “Top Neutrals in California” every year since 2007.
- She was one of the “Best Lawyers in America” in Alternative Dispute Resolution, as featured in LA Times West Magazine in 2008.
- Ms. Fields was a Speaker at the Orange County Hispanic Bar Association: “From the Neutral’s Perspective” and a featured guest on World Talk Radio “Fix Your Conflicts” (2008) as well as a panelist on the “Winning at Mediation” panel for California Employment Law Association (CELA).
- She was also the California Co-Chair for the Harvard Negotiation Insight Initiative Project at Harvard Law School.
- In addition to several other achievements, she was a Leader of “Heartfelt Conversations,” Master mediator Magic at the International Academy of Mediators in San Antonio, Texas and a panelist for the American Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section in Washington DC (2008).
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
Ms. Rubin Fields relishes family and friend time, enjoys baseball, snow skiing, cooking, wine, traveling, and collects salt and pepper shakers.